If I separated from my spouse what can I do to prevent her from accessing my financial information and accounts? 7 Answers as of August 20, 2015

After four years of marriage, I have been separated from my wife for 3 months. Can I keep her from my financial information and accounts and prevent future access? We will begin the divorce process soon and I do not need to worry about money.

Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
You need to file ASAP and get court orders re the accounts. If you are not concerned with money, go to a family law attorney for advice and consult.
The courts require a full disclosure of financial information whether it separate of community.
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
No you cannot. She is entitled to know all about the finances.
As you have not commenced the divorce and therefore the court has no jurisdiction over you, you are free to close all of your accounts and open new ones which she would not have any access to as long as they were in your name only. That being said, I would suggest that you speak to a family practitioner as quickly as possible to understand the consequences of such an action and whether or not they are wise in your current circumstances.
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
No you cannot keep her from accessing your financial information. That information will be required to calculate such things as spousal support and or child support and other things. It is part of the division of property in a divorce.
    The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
    The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
    Shut down the accounts and all credit cards that she has access to and place the money in accounts that you control. You may have to account for those monies so don't waste or dissipate them.
    You are missing something here which is this, there is NO M, in OURS, you are still married and all income and bank accounts as well as real property are considered marital assets until proven differently. And all are open to the discovery process.