If I reshedule my custody hearing court date, will that hurt my case? How? 6 Answers as of June 24, 2015

I am a father and I have legal custody of my girls. Yesterday my spouse did not show to court because she had to reschedule. She does not work, but I do. If i miss my custody hearing, and I reschedule for the following week, is that bad for my case?

Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
No it happens all the time.
Rescheduling is not necessarily harmful to your case, but to do so now would look vindictive. Consider retaining an experienced family law attorney to help you in this one. It is almost always worth the expense.
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
If you're saying the case was rescheduled for a time you have to work you need to let the court know and ask for a new date.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
You need to appear for your hearing or request a continuance for good cause.
As long as you go through the appropriate channels with the court on getting a new hearing date and give proper notice to your ex, you should be fine.
    James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
    If the Court allows you to reschedule it should not hurt your case, if you just did not show up it might.