If I remarry, will I be able to change the domicile of my child to a different state? 1 Answers as of July 14, 2011

I am recently divorced in Michigan. I met my new partner, a while ago, when my now ex-husband and I were seperated. My new partner and I are talking about getting married. He lives in California. I am still in Michigan. My divorce did not allow me to move to CA with my son, who is 4. I have full physical custody and joint legal of my son. If I remarry, will I be able to change my sons domiclie to CA?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Dunnings Law Firm
Dunnings Law Firm | Steven Dunnings
You will need to file a motion to change domicile with the divorce court to get approval to move. You might also face a motion by your ex to change custody in the process.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: