If I received a wage garnishment last week that is 38 years old for $457,000, I filed taxes every year, do I have any recourse? 1 Answers as of August 07, 2017

This is the first time I’ve been notified of this. I am 61 years old looking to retire next year.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Patrick W. Currin, Attorney at Law | Patrick Currin
If this is for back taxes, it can be discharged in bankruptcy. Once you stop working there will be no problem qualifying for BK as far as income, the only issue will be non-exempt assets. Consult an attorney.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/7/2017
Click to View More Answers: