If I received traffic violation (unregistered vehicle) and I avoided my court date, what will happen? 1 Answers as of June 14, 2017

I'm at a bit of a loss and any assistance would be warmly welcomed. I received a traffic violation (unregistered vehicle) in December 2016. I, honestly, avoided the court date due to a combination of stress from a baby on the way, a tight financial situation, as well as my own plain ignorance. Now that things have settled in my life, I want to know what the first steps would be to fixing these problems as well as what to expect.

The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
If you received a ticket and you don't go to court on your court date, and you don't hire an attorney to handle this for you, the court will issue a warrant for your arrest. An experienced traffic ticket lawyer can lift the warrant for you (depending on which court this is in) and represent you for the ticket. FYI - In addition to issuing a warrant, the court may have also suspended your driver's license because you failed to appear in court.