If I purchase a used vehicle and the speedometer doesn't work does that fall under lemon law? 8 Answers as of October 22, 2013

Financed as is no warranty had it less than a month it has broken down 3 times. Car lot will not give me my money back I started off with a car traded for the truck the money. I had paid on the car was supposed to roll over but the dealership never did it and then told me they couldn't so I was robbed and now paying 8,000 for a 2,000 dollar truck. He never sent the truck to be checked out or to any shop but his paperwork states he had it inspected which he told me himself it had just got on the lot and hasn't been to the shop and he put me in it. I took the truck back today and said I did not want it continues to break down I had called several times to get it fixed ad left messages no one answered or replied now I am without a car or money. What are my options? Can I force them to give me my money back or give me another car and roll all my money over including from the car? Or sue them?

What is it you don't understand about the concept as "as is?"
DUSTIN DEISSNER
DUSTIN DEISSNER | DUSTIN DEISSNER
Washington Lemon Law (RCW 19.118) only applies to new vehicles.
You used the phrases "as is" and "no warranty". Ouch.
Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A.
Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A. | John W. Merting
Lemon law only applies to new cars. File a complaint with BBB and consumer division of Florida State government.
No, lemon law only applies to new vehicles.
    The speedometer is probably not a lemon law violation, but the 3 break downs may be. Talk to a lemon law specialist.
    SmithMarco, P.C.
    SmithMarco, P.C. | Larry P. Smith
    It is not a matter for the Lemon Law, however, the Motor Vehicle Cost Savings Act, also referred to as the "Odometer Act" does cover this issue. A clear and accurate disclosure of the vehicle's mileage must be made at the time of purchase. If the odometer is not functioning properly, then odds are that the odometer was not properly disclosed. However, this law does not apply once a vehicle has reached 10 years old. That is, if the vehicle is a 2003 or older, this law will not help you. If the vehicle is less than 10 years old, we can assist you in this matter.
    Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
    You need to have a lawyer review the purchase documents and repair order and odometer disclosure. An "as is" disclaimer may not negate express representations regarding the condition of the vehicle.