If I plead guilty for a Class B misdemeanor will that keep me from owning a gun? 9 Answers as of March 22, 2013

I plead guilty to a charge of interfering with Communications device (domestic violence related) Class B misdemeanor. Will this keep me from obtaining a firearm? If so, will having it expunged allow me to obtain one?

I would need further information to answer. You should consult an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
A misdemeanor conviction should not keep you from owing a gun. A felony conviction would.
The charge is not one that is listed in the prohibited misdemeanor laws. If you are off probation and do not have a ten year restriction from the judge you may own a gun.
You cannot have a conviction expunged. You need to consult with an attorney to find out if your state prohibits you from owning a gun after a conviction.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
This is on the California site and there is no such thing as class B misdemeanors here.
    Ask a gun dealer this varies from State to State.? Expungment is good in any case.
    Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
    It depends upon whether a gun was involved in the Class B misdemeanor.
    Connell-Savela
    Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
    DV convictions mean that you cannot own a gun.
    It is up to the issuing authority of your state's FOID cards to determine if you can obtain a FOID card, with which to get a firearm. Of course, if you plead guilty to the charge and get an expungeable sentence, such as supervision, you eventually can get that expunged from your record and get your firearm.