If I petition I-130 for my brother, how long is the wait time? 7 Answers as of August 01, 2013

I am a US citizen, and I am petitioning for my brother who lives in France. Once I fill the I-130 form, how long does it take to hear that the case has been approved or denied, 3-6 months? And how long does it take to get a visa if approved, 3-5 years or more? Thank you.

Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
About 2.5 years for approval of the petition; 12 years (from the date the petition was filed) for a visa.
It is currently taking about 10-12 years for a visa to become available to a sibling of a U.S. citizen.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
Petition by a U.S. citizen for a sibling is under F4 family category, At the very earliest, such petition will take about 12 years to become current.
Perez-Jenkins Law, LLC | Patricia Perez-Jenkins
You will want to google the visa bulletin to get an idea of when it will be approved. I believe right now they are working on cases filed in 2001 for US sibilings from other countries not Mexico China or the Philippines. It will take a long time for the process to be completed.
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
USCIS could take more than 6 months to approve the petition because the visa numbers are backed up over 12 years.