If I pay up to my lease end date but leave a month early is that still breaking the lease? 5 Answers as of February 03, 2014

My lease expires 03/31/2014. I found a property that I like that would be ready 03/01/2014. If I pay rent for the month of March but am moving out early, is that still breaking the lease since I will not be there through 03/31?

You aren't required to be there, paying is enough.
No, you are fully within the law as long as you pay to the end of the term. You should notify your present landlord of you plans as soon as they are firm.
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
You can leave early. Your lease probably does not state that you must live at the property until the end of the term. That being the case, leaving early does not break the lease. Not paying what is owed is a default under a lease.
Your only obligation is to pay rent through March. So as long as you give sufficient notice, you are not breaking the lease.