If I pay my fine online will my warrant be dismissed? 6 Answers as of October 21, 2013

I was caught driving on a suspended license in November of 2011. Needless to say I have my license back and was issued a fine of $325 dollars. Well I missed my court date in October.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Vasilaros Legal,LLC
Vasilaros Legal,LLC | Steven T. Vasilaros
No it will not be dismissed. The warrant is for your Failure to Appear and paying the fine will not automatically cancel the warrant. You should speak to a criminal defense attorney asap.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 10/21/2013
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
It depends upon the judge. You may have already lost your license again. If the judge gives the okay, then pay the fine as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will have to go to court and plead with the judge to let you fix it.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/21/2013
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
If you paid the fine and costs properly it will right itself. If you did not pay it properly you will have trouble with the failure to appear. In that case hire a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 10/21/2013
David F. Stoddard
David F. Stoddard | David F. Stoddard
Not necessarily. You should call the court and ask if the warrant will be withdrawn if you pay the fine. Probably it will.
Answer Applies to: South Carolina
Replied: 10/21/2013
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
No. Your license is suspended again for your Failure to Appear. Hire a traffic attorney to help you sort this out.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 10/18/2013
    John Russo | John Russo
    If you have an active warrant on you then you must turn yourself in, if you pay the fine they will take your money, and then the next time you have a run in with the police you will spend sometime as their guest. There must be a traffic court in your jurisdiction, when you get the nerve go their early in the morning, go to the clerks office tell them you have an active warrant on you for the traffic violation, you will be arrested, kind of, when you get in front of the court apologize for missing the date, let the judge know your license is in good standing again, and you wish to pay your fine, as well as the new cost, oh yeah forgot that, most likely you will be charged for court cost also, maybe not. Then you will be released and have no worries about ever being stopped and arrested later.
    Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
    Replied: 10/18/2013
Click to View More Answers: