If I pay insurance to preserve my credit, can I sue my ex-wife for not having insurance on the car and the extra money it has cost me? 3 Answers as of May 19, 2017

My ex-wife and I financed a car together while we were married. We got divorced. She got the car absolute in her possession and I am supposed to make car payments until its paid off. I have been making car payments on time but she refuses to get insurance on the car. This has resulted in the bank putting force place insurance on the car and adding it to the loan. After April, they have sent notice that force place insurance will not be put on it and if it isn’t insured with full coverage insurance they will repo the car.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ronald L. Bornstein, P.A. | Ronald L. Bornstein
It is mire than likely that when the court entered its order giving her the car and ordering you to pay for it, that it also said who has to pay the other related costs, like the tag and registration, maintenance, insurance, etc., so review your final judgment carefully, or have an attorney review it for you. Depending upon what it says, or doesn't say, you may be able to file a motion for contempt and seek to recover those costs, or a modification petition to have those costs addressed, or some other relief. Consult with attorney to review the final judgment and discuss the specifics of your situation, and your options.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/19/2017
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Not enough information as to the contents of the Final Judgment of Dissolution. Have that document reviewed by an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/19/2017
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Perhaps, it depends upon what the final judgment says.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/18/2017
Click to View More Answers: