If I only receive Social Security can I be sued? 9 Answers as of February 13, 2014

Kirby G. Moss PC | Kirby G. Moss
You can be sued, collecting from you may be difficult however. Social security payments cannot be garnished, but bank accounts in which they are deposited can be.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
You can ALWAYS be sued .. the question is if you lose can they collect.
Yes, but collecting a judgment against you may be difficult. If you have no other income, you may be immune to wage garnishment, but your assets can be used to satisfy a judgment as well.
Resnick & Moss, P.C.
Resnick & Moss, P.C. | Mark Bredow
Yes, you can. If a creditor obtains a judgment against you, your Social Security Income should be exempt (protected) from garnishment if you do not deposit your Social Security Income into an account that is shared by another person. A creditor with a judgment against you may however garnish any other income or wages you have, or attach personal or real property that you own to collect the debt.
Meister & McCracken Law Firm, PLLC | Joanne M. McCracken
You can be sued but creditors cannot collect judgments from Social Security funds the creditors can attach other property and money to satisfy a judgment.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
    SmithMarco, P.C.
    SmithMarco, P.C. | Larry P. Smith
    Yes, you can be sued. However, if they get a judgment against you, they cannot garnish or attach to this income to pay the debt.
    You still can be sued but they can not garnish or seize social security income.
    Faletti Law Office PC | Harold Faletti
    You can be sued, but if a judgment is entered against you, you can prevent collection of the judgment from funds that are the proceeds of Social Security.
    Law Office of Joshua R.I. Cohen
    Law Office of Joshua R.I. Cohen | Joshua Cohen
    Yes. Where you're income comes from has no effect on if you can be sued; it only affects the enforceability of a judgment. Social Security can't be touched by most creditors - but you can still be sued and have a judgment.