If I never got a DUI citation in the mail, what should I do and what will happen? 9 Answers as of August 12, 2013

I recently got a DUI and do not remember which address I had given them. I don't know which court it was filed to and I haven't received any papers concerning it. What should I do and what will happen?

Law Office of Thomas C. Phipps | Thomas C Phipps
You should call the courthouse and talk to someone in the criminal clerk's office. You need to find out if you missed a court date and have a warrant outstanding.
Nichols Law Firm
Nichols Law Firm | Michael J. Nichols
You should check the court where you were stopped and see if your name appears.
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney | ROBERT HAMBRICK
You must contact the clerk of court in your county immediately to first change your address so that you'll get all future notice of appearances and to find out what has happened with your case and to determine whether there is already a warrant out for your arrest for failure to appear.
You better find out right away where that case is pending. It should be in the county where the offense occurred. If in doubt, contact the police department and find out where they transferred the case file to. Get in touch with the Clerk of the Court in that county, pronto. You could be facing jail time, and loss of license, or probation with a limited suspension of license. Hire a good defense attorney to represent you, you will need one.
If you didn't give a correct address, and the notice goes to that address and you don't show for court, a warrant will issue. I suggest that you go to the courthouse near you and ask the clerk to run your name. In this day and age, most court clerks can access most courts in the state.
    You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon before a warrant gets issued for your arrest, and because you have only 10 days to save your license.
    The Law Office of Lynn Norton-Ramirez
    The Law Office of Lynn Norton-Ramirez | Lynn Norton-Ramirez
    Contact the Clerk of Court and they will be able to tell you. It should be in the county where you were stopped.
    Best to get a lawyer, who should be able to find out the court date and nature of the charges.
    Catchick Law, PC
    Catchick Law, PC | Matt Catchick
    The Court will likely send your ticket and your first scheduled court date to the last address you have on record with the Secretary of State. If that is not your current mailing address, then you need to confirm exactly where you got the ticket - that will determine which court has jurisdiction. For example, if you got the ticket in Bloomfield Hills, it would be in the 48th District Court.