If I need to file a lawsuit after being involved in an accident in Washington how much time do I have? 3 Answers as of March 25, 2011

If I need to file a lawsuit after being involved in an accident in Washington how much time do I have?

Pivotal Law Group, PLLC
Pivotal Law Group, PLLC | Christopher L. Thayer
Generally you have 3 years from the date of the negligent act to file suit. However, there are exceptions and there may also be other timelines to consider, including timelines required with any insurance companies involved, so I would suggest you consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in your area.
Premier Law Group
Premier Law Group | Jason Epstein
In general, in Washington, the statute of limitations on a negligence claim is three years from the date of occurrence. That means that if you haven't filed a lawsuit prior to the three year anniversary of the accident then you lose all your ability to go after the responsible party.
The Farber Law Group
The Farber Law Group | Herbert G. Farber
The statute of limitations for filing an injury accident claim in Washington state is three (3) years from the date of the accident. This is a general guideline as there are exceptions. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who can advise you as to the details of your particular case.