If I need my truck for work is there a way I can argue for that in court? 6 Answers as of April 17, 2013

This was my first DUI and I'm a delivery driver so I need to be able to drive for work. Is there a way I can just use it for work or will I not be allowed to drive at all?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Edmund P. Allen Jr. | Edmund P. Allen Jr.
If your license is suspended, you can apply for an "ignition interlock license". You need to get the device on you personal car, and then you can drive an employer's car during work hours, for work purposes, so long as the employer files paperwork with the department of licensing.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/17/2013
Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law | Randy M. Lish
Utah does not provide for a provisional or limited license after a DUI conviction.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 4/17/2013
Glass Defense Firm
Glass Defense Firm | Jason M. Glass
There are no work privileges allowed for in WV. If your license gets suspended, then you cannot drive at all, for any reason during the suspension period.
Answer Applies to: West Virginia
Replied: 4/16/2013
Andersen Law PLLC
Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
You would be eligible for an ignition interlock license. If the truck is a company vehicle, your employer may petition to have the ignition interlock requirement waived on the truck. If you have a CDL, there are other considerations.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/16/2013
Mel Dunn | Mel Dunn
You must apply to the Wyoming Department of Transportation in Cheyenne, Division of Driver Services, to obtain limited driving privileges. There is a fee for their service. Call and they will tell you how.
Answer Applies to: Wyoming
Replied: 4/16/2013
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    This could effect your CDL for life. You better get a Great Lawyer
    Answer Applies to: Virginia
    Replied: 4/16/2013
Click to View More Answers: