If I need my truck for work is there a way I can argue for that in court? 6 Answers as of April 17, 2013

This was my first DUI and I'm a delivery driver so I need to be able to drive for work. Is there a way I can just use it for work or will I not be allowed to drive at all?

Law Office of Edmund P. Allen Jr. | Edmund P. Allen Jr.
If your license is suspended, you can apply for an "ignition interlock license". You need to get the device on you personal car, and then you can drive an employer's car during work hours, for work purposes, so long as the employer files paperwork with the department of licensing.
Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law | Randy M. Lish
Utah does not provide for a provisional or limited license after a DUI conviction.
Glass Defense Firm
Glass Defense Firm | Jason M. Glass
There are no work privileges allowed for in WV. If your license gets suspended, then you cannot drive at all, for any reason during the suspension period.
Answer Applies to: West Virginia
You would be eligible for an ignition interlock license. If the truck is a company vehicle, your employer may petition to have the ignition interlock requirement waived on the truck. If you have a CDL, there are other considerations.
Mel Dunn | Mel Dunn
You must apply to the Wyoming Department of Transportation in Cheyenne, Division of Driver Services, to obtain limited driving privileges. There is a fee for their service. Call and they will tell you how.
Answer Applies to: Wyoming
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    This could effect your CDL for life. You better get a Great Lawyer