If I moved to another state with my children with his permission, will I still be entitled to alimony payments and child support from my husband? 1 Answers as of July 03, 2017

I am a stay at home mother of three girls, ages 17, 12, and 9. I have been married for 17 years and would like to divorce based on irreconcilable differences and mental verbal abuse. I have family in another state.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
You're right of child and spousal support has no direct relationship with the issue of relocating the children to another state. To be absolutely certain that you will not encounter a problem with your ex before moving, you should have court orders allowing the children to move with you to your new jurisdiction. You should also evaluate whether or not proceeding on support in the state you're leaving versus where you were going would be in important consideration.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/3/2017
Click to View More Answers: