If I move out of the country am I obligated to keep paying my Chapter 13 if I am not working in that country? 5 Answers as of September 25, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
If you want to get a discharge in your Chapter 13, you have to keep paying on it. If you're now unemployed you may qualify for a hardship discharge and won't need to pay but you will need to file a motion for a hardship discharge.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 9/25/2017
GARCIA & GONZALES, P.C. | Richard N. Gonzales
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/25/2017
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
Chapter 13 is new deal with your creditors. If you don't pay it will be dismissed. You need to see counsel about converting to a CH7. I have no idea if you are eligible.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/25/2017
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 9/24/2017
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
If you do not pay your plan payments your case will be dismissed.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/24/2017
Click to View More Answers: