If I marry in Mexico, how long will it be until he can come to the United States with me? 7 Answers as of January 24, 2011

If I marry in Mexico to a Mexican I am US citizen, how long until he can come to United States with me?

Approximately 9-12 months currently. Contact me as indicated below to obtain the procedures for this process and a fee quote or to set up a paid consultation (will be credited toward the fees for your case) to get more details on your specific case.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
It depends on the details of your personal situation.
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
There are no waiting periods for immigrant visas for spouses of US citizens, regardless of their nationality. Therefore the only delay you will experience is due to the average processing times for the I-130 petition and then consular processing of your husband's immigrant visa. On average you currently have to calculate 180 days for the processing of the I-130 petition; the subsequent processing of the immigrant visa depends upon the US consular post, but I would estimate another 4-6 months processing time until he has his immigrant visa.

There may be an alternative, faster route for this process that depends on your individual situation. Therefore, I recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney as to your options.

Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
Around one year. Each case is different though.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Right away! The spouses of US citizens are eligible for immediate immigration to the United States. You can go to the nearest US Consul to apply. My answer is assuming that you can prove a valid marriage, that your fiance has no legal problems in his history, and that your income is sufficient to sponsor him. Immigration law applies to all fifty states.
    On average it takes 9-12 for the spouse of a U.S. Citizen to be able to immigrant from Mexico.
    He will consular process for the green card. If you are organized and you both meet all requirements, then the process is about 9-12 months.