If I marry her, will she be able to stay with me and not return home? 6 Answers as of May 28, 2014

I am a U.S. Citizen and I am in the military. My home of record is in another state. My girlfriend is from Brazil and her travel visa will expire in 47 days on 11 July2014. I want to marry her and start a family. We have talked about having children in the near future if everything goes we'll.

You can get married and have her adjust status on the basis of valid/lawful marriage to a US citizen. She should be able to get this without having to leave the US.
She may stay if you start the process for her permanent residency.
She must go back to brazil before the 47 days run out. Then once she is timely out of the country, you apply for a fiance visa. The quicker she leaves, the quicker you can apply for her and once she has that, she comes back into the country and you marry.
HAN LAW GROUP, Immigration Attorneys
HAN LAW GROUP, Immigration Attorneys | Susan S. Han
Yes, assuming she is otherwise eligible, as long as she had lawful entry, if she marries a U.S. citizen, she can apply for a green card without having to leave the U.S.
Law Offices of Christine Green
Law Offices of Christine Green | Christine Green
Typically an individual who enters on a visa can adjust status to permanent resident in the Unite States if he/she gets married to a United States citizen. However, you still need to ensure that your fiance is not inadmissible on any other grounds. One possible ground of inadmissibility could be if your fiance misrepresented her reason for visiting the United States. Consult with an immigration attorney to guide you through the process.
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
    Yes. You can marry her and apply for the green card at the same time. The process takes about 3 months from start to finish. Please consult with an experienced immigration lawyer before getting married.