If I leave my husband is my mother in law finacially responsible to pay for my daughter? 4 Answers as of June 26, 2013

She chooses to pay support based on his old wages before he became a drug addict. Now I'm trapped in a situation that is extremely psychologically damaging as I have no other means to support myself because she also supports us during this time. She and I do not see eye to eye on matters as I am his second wife, which is why do not think she will help if I leave him.

Law Office of Patricia Van Haren
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren | Patricia Van Haren
No, she will not be responsible to pay you support. However, you may be able to seek support against him based on his prior wages. A court will often impute an income to him based on what he was making previously. They may also make orders that he get help for his addiction in order to see your daughter. You should consult with an attorney to see what options are available to you since the situation that you are in does not sound like a positive one for you or your children.
Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C.
Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C. | Paul A. Eads
Not enough facts. If the child is yours and your husbands than she is not obligated to pay anything.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
A grand parent is not legally obligated to pay for child support for any child absent a court order.