If I just filed chapter 7 and I had an emergency come up and I was looking into a title loan, can I if it’s only been 3 days? 7 Answers as of July 25, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
No one is going to give you loan right now. If they do they are foolish. The trustee has first rights to the vehicle. After your hearing the trustee will probably file a report indicating he/she is not interested in it. Then you can do what you want with it. Unless there something special about it the trustee most likely will not want it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/25/2017
A Fresh Start
A Fresh Start | Dorothy G Bunce
In Chapter 7, you do not own any of your property until 30 days after your 341 meeting takes place and the bankruptcy trustee does not object to the exemptions you claimed on Schedule C.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/24/2017
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
I assume the words you left out of the question were 'dismiss my chapter 7' case. You might be able to do so, but you need to make the request as soon as possible Your lawyer can prepare a motion stating that you filed 'improvidently,' or some other explanation which truthful and also likely to be persuasive.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/24/2017
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
No, since the vehicle is part of the property in the bankruptcy, you don't have the right to put a lien on the title. Now, title loan places are greedy little bastards so they might overlook that.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 7/24/2017
GARCIA & GONZALES, P.C. | Richard N. Gonzales
Maybe. I don't know any of the facts in your case. Ask your lawyer to be doubly sure.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/24/2017
    Benson Law Firm
    Benson Law Firm | David Benson
    You are not permitted to acquire additional debt while in bankruptcy without the court's permission. Talk to your lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Ohio
    Replied: 7/24/2017
    Hoang & Tran PLLC | Adam Tran
    Hi, you may need to contact your bankruptcy attorney (if you hired one) to amend your schedule, withdraw your petition or obtain the advice of your attorney based on your specific circumstance.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 7/24/2017
Click to View More Answers: