If I hire your company to help me with patenting my idea, would I have to pay up front? How? 4 Answers as of July 09, 2015

I have numerous great ideas that all only need the right person to hear them to get them going. I am in the idea stage on all but one and on the one I had patent pending but it expired. It hasn't been a year yet since I first pitched it I just need help all around I guess. I want protection on all my ideas but cant afford it.

Microtechnology Law & Analysis | Daniel Flamm
No, but if you can't afford to pay we would not enter into an agreement to have you as our client (e.g. lawyers have bills to pay too, and many patent lawyers have their own great ideas they might spend time working on). You might be able to find someone to help you pro bono (e.g. free)- that would be your best shot.
Patents are expensive to obtain and every patent attorney or agent is going to require that the funds be provided up front. To protect your idea until it's ready to be patented, declare it a trade secret, don't share the details with anyone or any entity, and get nondisclosure agreements from anyone you do disclose it to.
Webb IP Law Group
Webb IP Law Group | Jason P Webb
We would require a retainer up front, yes.
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
We provide a free initial consultation. We then require a retainer to prepare a patent application. The retainer is about half of the estimated cost to get your invention patent pending. While there is no restriction that prevents a patent attorney or patent agent from taking a percentage of an invention, the patent attorney or patent agent is dependent upon the inventor to sell the invention to receive payment. The patent office operates in a first-to-file basis so it is important to file an application(s) as early as possible.