If I have a warrant out for a DUI and I turn myself in will I be able to bond out at the same time? 13 Answers as of August 28, 2015

I have a warrant out for a DUI. If I turn myself in will I be able to bond out at the same time? This is my first offense.

Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
It depends on the court. Many courts do arraignments on certain dates and times. People may be able to show up on certain days and, assuming their bond-factors are favorable, they will receive either a cash/surety bond they could either post directly with the court or hire a bondsman to post, or some may be fortunate enough to get a "PR" or "Personal Recognizance" bond. If everything goes well, yes, it's possible to be arraigned and out on the same day. If you hire a lawyer prior to going to court, your lawyer may be able to give you specific advice and increase your odds of getting out. Some judges, though, may be a little tougher in terms of bond.
A bench warrant for failure to appear in court, or a warrant for DUI, where you have never been arrested? It depends what type of warrant it is.
That depends upon the prosecutor and the court schedule.
In Wisconsin you may have to wait a day or even two. Have your lawyer discuss an immediate bail hearing with the DA, or the Clerk of Courts. Good Luck.
1st offense.... probably
    Most probably but no opinion without the details.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    It depends. Warrants can be either an amount or body only. You should talk to an attorney in the county that you are charged asap.
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you. When done right, there may be no bail at all.
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    Generally, yes, so long as you have the money to post the bond.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq. | Stephanie Lee Ehrbright
    It depends what kind of DUI it is. If it is a misdemeanor DUI and a bond has already been set, then yes. If it is a misdemeanor and a bond has not been set then it could be a couple of days before you see a judge. If it is a felony DUI then it could be a little longer than that.
    Ksicinski
    Ksicinski | Paul Ksicinski
    That depends on how long the warrant was out for your arrest, what number OWI it is, what county the warrant is issued from, your prior record, your BAC, facts of the case. Given all these variables, you can see it would be a much safer gamble for you to GET AN ATTORNEY NOW to contact the district attorney office to negotiate an affordable bail amount!