If I have a warrant for my arrest and not know about it, can I be arrested? 3 Answers as of May 02, 2017

I know someone that was arrested for having a warrant for his arrest and he claims he did not know about it, as there is no letter, no voice mail from any court. Now this person is in jail. Does he have a case against anybody?

This is a common scenario. Although the court and/or police "should" send a letter to the defendant that a warrant has been issued, many times they don't or the letter is addressed wrong and/or gets lost in the mail. There is no liability for this, so he doesn't have a case against anyone. What he needs is an experienced criminal defense attorney to help him with the warrant and criminal charges.
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
No. It is not unusual in some counties for some counties to issue an arrest warrant at the time the complaint is filed. It is not required by law that you be notified. Some police departments and courts will send such a courtesy notice however. If you believe that there is a possibility in such jurisdictions that you might be charged with a crime it is your responsibility to contact the court periodically or even better a certified criminal law specialist to look into the matter for you.