If I have a warrant for leaving state without telling my probation officer, how do I take care of this? 6 Answers as of May 15, 2014

I had left state 2 years ago to take care of my aunt who has passed away while I was with her. I still owe money on restitution and the warrant that I have is failure to report to my probation officer. I know how much I owe and my boyfriend is willing to help me pay it off. What can we do so I can get this done with?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You will turn yourself in on the warrant.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/15/2014
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if it is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/6/2014
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
I would suggest a lawyer, but if you cannot afford one take the money and go to the probation officer and attempt to pay off all that is due and make your excuse as to why you left. You have violated and must pray for mercy. Turning yourself in will be a plus.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/6/2014
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
You first need to turn yourself in. At your hearing the court will tell you the terms of your re-sentence.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/6/2014
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
I would suggest hiring a lawyer to make the court appearance for you so that you won't be taken in to custody when you appear.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/6/2014
Click to View More Answers: