If I have a warrant for leaving state without telling my probation officer, how do I take care of this? 6 Answers as of May 15, 2014

I had left state 2 years ago to take care of my aunt who has passed away while I was with her. I still owe money on restitution and the warrant that I have is failure to report to my probation officer. I know how much I owe and my boyfriend is willing to help me pay it off. What can we do so I can get this done with?

You will turn yourself in on the warrant.
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if it is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
I would suggest a lawyer, but if you cannot afford one take the money and go to the probation officer and attempt to pay off all that is due and make your excuse as to why you left. You have violated and must pray for mercy. Turning yourself in will be a plus.
You first need to turn yourself in. At your hearing the court will tell you the terms of your re-sentence.
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
I would suggest hiring a lawyer to make the court appearance for you so that you won't be taken in to custody when you appear.