If I have power of attorney may I act as the person to access their account without identifying myself? How? 10 Answers as of June 16, 2015

If I gain special power of attorney to access someone's account to make changes, do I need to identify myself and the situation? May I just act as the person I have power of attorney over if they give me permission in the POA form? Does a company have the right to not deal with me or sue for damages for acting as someone else? If they do require me to identify, what kind of paperwork would a company require for me to access an account?

Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You will need to prove your identity, probably with a driver?s license or passport.
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
The purpose of a power of attorney is to give to another the rights and responsibilities found in the Power of Attorney document. I don't know why you would not want to disclose who you are unless you have a bad motive. Secondly, you would have to show the Power of Attorney document to be allowed to act in place of the ward. Good luck.
Law Offices of Robert Burns
Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
I want specifics before I given an answer.
You have an obligation, called a fiduciary responsibility, to act in the best interest of whomever you represent. You may have to post a bond. If you screw up, you become financially liable, and you could go to jail.
A copy of the POA is required, as well as identification from yourself.
    You are their representative and should act as such.
    MatthewR. Schutz, Esq | Matthew R. Schutz
    A properly drawn POA will give you authority over the account depending on how it's drawn.
    Something smells fishy here. If you have the appropriate authority, why would you want to conceal your identity? Each bank may make its own policy, but those I know would insist on proof of the existence of the POA, and proof of the identity of the purported attorney-in-fact. And they should, as part of their responsibility to their depositor. If you are thinking of taking steps which you want to conceal, give it up. It likely won't work, and it's likely wrong, and very likely a crime. Good Luck.
    Yes, you need to identify yourself and the capacity by which you are acting.
    You absolutely need to identify yourself. Produce your identification and a copy of the written Power of Attorney. You should have several made for this purpose. The bank, insurance company or other institution has a responsibility to make sure it is dealing with the right person, in order to protect against fraud. If your PoA is legit, you should have no problem doing so.