If I have permanent damage in my back after an adjustment, should I sue my chiropractor in North Carolina? 2 Answers as of March 08, 2011

I went to my chiropractor in Charlotte because I had a stiff back, and almost instantly could not feel the right side of my legs. I had severe pain in my sciatic nerve as well. After several weeks of visiting my physician, an x-ray indicated I had narrowing of the spine. I am probably going to have chronic pain for the rest of my life, and I’m only 32.

Not enough information here. Why did you go to the chiropractor? Are you saying you felt differently immediately after the adjustment? Did the chiro take Xray? The chiro would not be responsible for the status of your spine but he might be responsible if he treated you without an Xray first or if chiropractic was not proper treatment. Do you have a medical dr who thinks there has been malpractice by the chiro? Call me.
Beaver Holt Sternlicht and Courie, P.A.
Beaver Holt Sternlicht and Courie, P.A. | Mark A. Sternlicht
To establish a claim for chiropractic negligence, you will need to show that the chiropractor violated accepted standards of practice and caused your injury. This will require expert opinions on these issues. These cases are complex and expensive, so you should talk to an attorney who has experience with these claims.