If I have a green card does that mean I have to stay in the same residence? 3 Answers as of November 09, 2010

I have a green card and I do not currently have a permanent residence because I moved out of the apartment I was renting and am staying with a friend. Do I need to have the same address all throughout my stay in the U.S. while I have my green card or is if okay if it changes from time to time, including a few months when I stay with friends?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
I am sorry that you are having difficulty maintaining a residence, it is common in these difficult economic times. It is required under the Immigration & Nationality Act that you notify the CIS of a change of address, with an AR-11 Form, within 30 days of a change of address. You can use any address where you have significant contacts, but it must be a residential address. If you have other questions, feel free to e-mail me. Best to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/9/2010
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
Yes, it is fine to have your address change but you need to notify the USCIS of your address changes by submitting form AR-11 or doing that online at www.uscis.gov.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/2/2010
Click to View More Answers: