If I have a green card do I need a visa to travel abroad? 2 Answers as of November 09, 2010

With my current citizenship I need a visa to travel to Europe but I have a U.S. green card. Do I still need a visa?

As a green card holder in the USA you will need to obtain a travel visa from the country where you will travel. If you are going to be gone for more than six months, you will need an I-131 Advance Parole authorization to allow you to travel without being caught in the ban on travel for more than six months at a time for green card holders. If you have any other questions, by all means e-mail us at Law QA, or e-mail me here. Best to you.
Yes, because the determination of whether or not you require a visa for travel is your country of citizenship and not the fact that you have a green card which is permanent residence in the US but is not US citizenship.