If I have a DUI pending and I have been to court, can I do my DUI classes in another state since I'm moving? 6 Answers as of July 02, 2014

This is my 1st offense.

This should have been explained to you by your attorney. There are no out of state programs that qualify per se. You can ask the sentencing court to modify its order allowing a comparable program to be completed in another state but then you would need to notify the DMV via a special form they use that you have moved from California so your driving privilege is not suspended which would trigger a suspension in most other states. An attorney would be of some help in doing all of this.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
No. The only exceptions are people who live near a boarder and can come into CA for the classes. If you are out of state and notify DMV that you will be out of state for 3 or more years they will drop the requirement, if you return within the 3 years you will have to take the classes.
Law Office of Mark Rosenfeld
Law Office of Mark Rosenfeld | Mark Rosenfeld
The answer is not that easy. You need a California class to get a California license, if you don't care about that a good attorney can get you an out of state class.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
You need to consult your lawyer, it is possible but whether or not a Judge will allow it varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and sometimes even judge to judge.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Yes. The out of state DUI class will count for the court. If you ever come back to California you will have to do the California DUI class to get your license back.
    Nope. First of all, you need the court to authorize any out-of-state program. Second, even if the court authorizes it, the DMV will never recognize it, and your license will be in perpetual suspension, and other states will honor California's suspension and refuse to issue you any new out-of-state license. You better hire a DUI specialist to see if you can get a reduction or beat the DUI. That's your best bet.