If I have a discovery order by the judge and have a deposition on January 9, what should I do? 7 Answers as of January 06, 2014

I filed a lawsuit pro se and have January 6 fed.R.CIV.P. 16 Telephone call. January 9 deadline for request for modification of initial scheduling order. January 9 joint request for early settlement / ADR. January 9 for report about deposition hours and don't know what should I do. Should I give witness names or ask for witness for deposition before the date or wait for scheduling conference first?

Kirby G. Moss PC | Kirby G. Moss
You should get a lawyer as Federal Rules are complex and different from State Rules.
If you have a discovery order, what you should do is follow the requirements of the order. Usually, "paper" discovery comes first, that is witness identification, documents, photos, etc. then depositions. That way, the items that have been disclosed can be used as exhibits in the depositions. As far as the conference and scheduling order are concerned, I'd have to see actual copies of what you are talking about in order to respond.
Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law
Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law | Robert C. Slim
You are pro se in federal court.... This is just the beginning of your problems. My advice: Get an attorney, and fast!!! As you can see, the other side is already beating you down because you do not have a lawyer. I promise you, you will not be able to tread water for long. It's only a matter of time before your case sinks.
Jefre S. Goldtrap
Jefre S. Goldtrap | Jefre S. Goldtrap
Why do you not have an attorney in this matter?
Sounds to me like you need to hire a lawyer. Good luck.