If I have been out of bankruptcy for almost 4 years, am I eligible to purchasing a home? 8 Answers as of June 25, 2017

I have been out of bankruptcy for almost 4 years. I did not reaffirm the house that I am currently paying a monthly mortgage on. I am interested in purchasing another home for my growing family, and renting out the house that is in bankruptcy.

Yes, if you qualify for a loan on income and expenses the bankruptcy will not be a problem. However, if you're counting on rental income from your old home, the lender usually considers that to speculative.
Yes, assuming that your credit is good enough.
You are eligible to purchase at any time, but lenders usually want two years to pass from time of discharge.
When you can buy again is up to the lender. They all have different requirements.
First, the house is not in bankruptcy, only YOU were in bankruptcy. Whether you can convince a lender to grant you another mortgage or not will depend on your credit history since the bankruptcy. Many credit unions make mortgage loans for people after they have been out of bankruptcy for more than a year.
    Benson Law Firm
    Benson Law Firm | David Benson
    It depends. Different mortgage programs can have different waiting periods following a bankruptcy or foreclosure. And there may be in-house requirements as well. After a Chapter 7 discharge, you usually have to wait for 4 years to get a conventional loan and 2 years for either FHA or VA financing. After a Chapter 13 discharge, you might qualify for a conventional loan in as little as two years and even less than that for an FHA or VA loan. We usually suggest working with a consultant in order to boost your score so you're ready once the minimum waiting period ends.
    You are fine.
    Nothing about a bankruptcy of itself renders you ineligible for a mortgage. The key issues are: your history of making timely payments since the bankruptcy discharge; your earnings, whether you have or have not used most of the credit you have remaining on credit cards and credit accounts. You might have to accept a higher-than-standard interest rate for a couple of years, but with regular payments you should be able to renegotiate the interest rate. Different lenders also have different policies as to how long after a BR they will grant credit. You might have to try more than one.