If I have been dealing with a stalker for 2 and half years, and I was served a subpoena to go to court, what will happen if I do not go? 1 Answers as of August 08, 2017

I have been dealing with a stalker for 2 and half years. He has broken the restraining order more times than I can count and has been sentenced twice. The first one he pleaded not guilty to get me to show up to court, even the DA said she suspected this. The 2nd time, he did the same thing but last minute changed his mind. This is his 3rd trial and last night, while eating dinner with my daughter, I was served a subpoena to go to court. I am absolutely terrified because this 3rd case is because the man showed up at my work. I had moved, changed jobs, everything and he still found me.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
If you do not show up to court on a validly issued and served subpoena, a warrant can be issued for your arrest. I suggest contacting the prosecutor assigned to the case and discuss the situation with him/her. Certainly you want this person to be convicted if possible of the crime they committed against you. The prosecutor's office has victim/ witness? people who can do everything possible to make you comfortable as possible with the process. It MIGHT even be possible to ask that there be some screening between you and the defendant when you are in the court room. Maybe showing this person that they are not upsetting you will help make them go away, or attending the trial and getting them convicted and sent to prison may give you some peace for a while.