If I had charges dropped, can I still become a citizen? How? 3 Answers as of April 16, 2015

I was arrested for and charged with a few crimes three years ago, but they all got dropped. I just want to know if I am able to become a citizen?

Yes you are if all the charges were dismissed. Still consult with a lawyer to look at the charges in question because some of them can linger.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
The answer to your question is more complicated than it may seem. There are some instances where a criminal charge is "dropped," such as through some pretrial diversion programs that include a defendant's admission of the elements of the crime, and yet the USCIS will treat that dismissed charge as a "conviction" under immigration regulations. Aside from whether the actual charges were for offenses that could bar eligibility for naturalization, a collection of instances of certain conduct could be deemed by the USCIS as demonstrating that the applicant lacks good moral character and therefore is ineligible to naturalize. Even if the offenses do not stand in the way of naturalization eligibility, the naturalization application process requires an applicant to supply court-certified copies of disposition documents associated with arrests/charges. To assess eligibility for naturalization, there really is no alternative to obtaining certified copies of the arrest/charge disposition documents and having an immigration attorney review them carefully.
If you have no convictions, you can become a citizen, provided you meet all the other requirements.