If I had a car accident and he is at fault, gave me false insurance, what can I do? Is this an insurance fraud case? 1 Answers as of August 17, 2017

I was driving through an intersection and, the vehicle that was on the opposite side of the road made a left turn right in front of me; I was unable to stop. He then later gave me his driver’s license and insurance and I took a picture of it. When I got home I saw that the insurance was not from that vehicle or on his name. My car is covered on my father’s insurance but my name is not on the insurance. Would there be someone that can help me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
There are several things that you can do. 1. File an SR-1 with DMV, and follow up with an SR-19. 2. You have the driver's name and address. Send him a "demand" letter, and if no response follow up with a law suit (Small Claims Court if car damage only). 3. Check your own policy to see if you have collision and/or uninsured motorist coverage.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: