If I had an auto accident 2 years ago that was my fault, not a DUI, now person is suing me personally and I have auto insurance, what should I do? 20 Answers as of April 02, 2014

Just served with the papers.

Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You need to turn the lawsuit over to your insurance company at the time of the accident.
Turn the papers over to the insurance company you had at the time of the accident.
Turn the papers over to your insurance company.
If you had auto insurance at the time of the accident then just contact them. Tell them you have been served, and I would not wait to long or you will be defaulted. If you did not have insurance at the time of the accident then you have a problem.
You take the suit papers to your carrier, tell them the story and forget it. That is what insurance is for.
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    Turn the suit papers over to your car insurer. Do not delay as there are time limits for Answering a Complaint. Cooperate with your insurer or they will not provide a defense.
    Gregory S. Shurman, LLC
    Gregory S. Shurman, LLC | Gregory S Shurman
    Inform your insurance company. They will provide you with legal representation.
    Immediately send the papers to your insurance carrier that you had two years ago and they will handle it all.
    Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S.
    Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S. | Wayne J. Wimer
    You had insurance, so immediately give your insurance company a copy of the pleadings and demand that they defend you.
    Turn it over to your insurance company immediately and let them handle it. They will provide you with the defense and pay any judgment or settlement up to the limits of your policy. Good luck.
    Ty Wilson Law
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    Reach out to your insurance company.
    Turn it over to your insurance company. You only have days to respond so do it immediately. Failure to do so will result in a default judgment against you.
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    Contact your insurance company. They will hire a lawyer to represent them and you.
    Sarrail, Castillo & Hall, LLP | Monica Castillo
    Notify your insurance company immediately and hopefully they will provide a defense attorney for you.
    Give the papers to your ins. co. ASAP. That?s why we have insurance.
    WEISSMAN LAW FIRM
    WEISSMAN LAW FIRM | I.Donald Weissman
    If you have auto liability insurance for when the accident occurred, turn the papers over to your insurance carrier, immediately. The carrier will ire attorneys to defend you, pursuant to the terms of the insurance contract.
    Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz & Bhaya | Donald E. Marston
    You should immediately contact your insurance company. They should provide an attorney to represent you.
    Answer Applies to: Delaware
    Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A.
    Law Offices of John W. Merting, P.A. | John W. Merting
    Hire an attorney with an insurance defense firm . Ask them to charge you the same lower hourly rate that they charge insurance companies. If you are judgment proof, have no attachable assets, if you are married and your assets are titled in joint names and you are the head of the household they can not garnish your wages and your home is exempt under Florida Homestead law, they may not pursue the claim if they figure out any judgment against you would be uncollectible. Do not let 20 days days run or they will win by default- and don't wait until the 15th or 19th day to hire an attorney!!
    Beaver Holt Sternlicht and Courie, P.A.
    Beaver Holt Sternlicht and Courie, P.A. | Mark A. Sternlicht
    You should contact the insurance company you had at the time of the accident immediately. The insurance company will provide an attorney to represent you and settle or pay the amount of a judgment up to the limits of your liability coverage.
    Call and inform your insurance company immediately, if they deny coverage, call an attorney.