If I had an accident to the salon where I work, can I sue my employer for that? 1 Answers as of February 10, 2017

I am a hair dresser at a franchise salon. The main front door of the salon had been broken for about a week. The owner of the salon came out one night and tried to fix it but accidentally messed it more. The following day (after he tried fixing it) I went in for my shift and as I was walking in to the salon, I opened the door and the door slammed on my right middle finger. Half of my nail came off, my nail bed was cut open and my bone under my nail bed was injured. I received 3 stitches and cannot go back to work because it’s the hand I use to cut hair with. The owner of the salon has paid for all the expenses. I got treated through his insurance.

Yes, but there will be some interplay between the workers comp claim and the negligence claim. Please see a lawyer experienced in these areas.