If I got a ticket for third degree assault misdemeanor, I have never been in trouble before, what am I looking at? 7 Answers as of August 01, 2013

I'm 36 with 3 kids and married. I made a bad choice one night.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Depends on the quality of your attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/1/2013
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney | ROBERT HAMBRICK
You should consider applying for PTI (pretrial intevention) as this will result in your charge being dismissed. Clearly, you need to hire an attorney who will first look at the fact and circumstances of your case to determine the best possible result for you.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/31/2013
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Potentially jail time and a fine. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you. Your attorney can negotiate a plea-bargain with the prosecutor to get the assault charge reduced to a lesser offense.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 7/31/2013
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/31/2013
Ferguson & Ferguson
Ferguson & Ferguson | Randy W. Ferguson
Fine, costs restitution probation.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/31/2013
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    You could be sentenced to attending and anger management class, doing community service, pay a fine and be on probation for one year. You can expunge your record after you have completed probation.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 7/31/2013
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    Get a lawyer and you should avoid jail.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 7/31/2013
Click to View More Answers: