If I got a notice of entering default and had just filled out my papers, what can I do? I want to see my kids. 3 Answers as of February 27, 2017

I had not responded to the petitioner, and after I filled out all of my paperwork the same day I got a letter of entry for default.

Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
If the default was entered, you would need the other party to agree to set aside the default. Otherwise, you will have to file a request to a judge to set aside the default. Setting aside a default is legal in nature and you should consult with an attorney. You should also review what the Petition requests and see if you agree with it or not. You can modify certain orders after a judgment is entered.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
File a request to set aside default with the court and proceed from there.
Please immediately contact the other side and request by phone and in writing that they set aside the default. Give them 10 days in which to do so. If they fail to do so, you should set motion requesting for the court to set the default aside. The court will most likely grant your request since you responded so quickly.