If I got married later on to a citizen, would I still be eligible for a green card or residency even if I have deferred action? 11 Answers as of December 12, 2013

I entered the USA legally when I was a child but my visa expired later. Then I was granted deferred action when the law came out. I have my authorization card and work permit and Social. I am 21.

Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
Because you entered the country legally or with inspection, you are still eligible to apply for adjustment of status if you get married to a U.S. citizen even though you overstayed your visa.
As long as you entered the U.S. lawfully and can prove that lawful entry, you can adjust status on the basis of a valid marriage to a U.S. citizen.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
Under the law as it stands today, you will be eligible to adjust status if your future U.S. citizen spouse would file an immigrant petition for you (provided, of course, that the petition would get approved).
Yes. Deferred action is not a law. It is a policy enacted by the Obama administration.
Yes if you married you would be eligible for the green card and citizenship.
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
    Yes. You can apply for your green card through a marriage to a U.S. citizen as a result of your legal entry into the U.S. (not the deferred action).
    Yes. DACA will not interfere with you marrying a U.S. citizen and applying for permanent residency.
    Abigail Law Firm, PLLC | Meghan Abigail
    Probably so, but there is a whole long list of admissibility criteria that you would want to meet with an attorney to discuss prior to filing for resident status. The criteria is certainly more stringent than for deferred action.
    Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
    In the situation described, you should be eligible to adjust status [green card] in the US, without having to return to your country to visa process. Please consult with an experienced immigration attorney to assist you in filing the necessary paperwork
    Hoang & Tran PLLC | Adam Tran
    Based on these narrow facts, if you get married to a U.S. citizen, it appears that you can "adjust" your status and obtain a green card.
    Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
    Your USC wife can still petition for you and you should be able to apply for adjustment of status.