If I got a DWI, can I still sponsor my husband who entered the US illegally? 5 Answers as of September 23, 2014

I am on probation for a DWI.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Yes. Your DWI should have no effect on your ability to petition your husband.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/23/2014
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
Yes, you can, but consult with an attorney to see if he can adjust his status in the US or will need a waiver.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/22/2014
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
You can try but since he entered illegally, it probably will not work, with or without your drunk driving.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/22/2014
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
Yes you can sponsor. The question is if your husband can adjust his status. Meet with an attorney.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/22/2014
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
A USA citizen with a DUI or DWI can sponsor their spouse on the I-130 visa petition, even when the USA citizen is still on probation.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/22/2014
Click to View More Answers: