If I got a DAR three months ago and got thirty days jail and stayed for a year then recently got another one, is there a way to prevent jail time? 8 Answers as of April 23, 2013

I'm a single father of two minor children.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Probably not. But retain an attorney and see if he can keep you out of jail.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/23/2013
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 4/18/2013
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
This is tough. You need to retain criminal defense counsel. This may depend on how serious the charges are against you.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/18/2013
Conway Law Pllc.
Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 4/18/2013
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
In all likelihood, you will be facing the same amount of jail time, if not more, as this is your second offense within the past year. You really have to trash your car, or get a valid license after the revocation period is over.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 4/18/2013
    Michael Breczinski
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    Probably not since you did not learn better the first time.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 4/18/2013
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    There is a possibility but many factors are in place. Where did the offenses occur? Are they in the same county? Are you valid now? Etc. You need to get representation asap.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota
    Replied: 4/18/2013
    Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
    Get your DL back from DMV and you should avoid jail, may even get to keep your DL.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado
    Replied: 4/18/2013
Click to View More Answers: