If I go to Canada, will I be able to come back into the US while I wait for my B2 extension? 3 Answers as of April 28, 2015

I have applied for an extension of stay on my B2 visa and I know that I can stay in the US until the decision is made either way. My grandson is getting married in Canada in August and my I94 expiry is 6/5/2015. If I go to Canada, will I be able to come back into the US while I wait for my extension?

As long as your multiple entry visa is still valid, you should not have any problems coming back into the US. But that will count as a new admission and depending on which border you entering from, it could require a new I 94.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Application for extension of stay will be considered abandoned if you leave the US while the application is pending. Don't leave!
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
If you leave the country while waiting for change/extension of status, you will not be able to return unless you have a valid visa.