If I get married before my bankruptcy is finalized, will my spouse be responsible for my debt? 12 Answers as of August 05, 2015

I am divorced and in the process of claiming bankruptcy. I am planning on getting married in October. My fiance is aware of my situation. We are wondering if we get married prior to the bankruptcy being finalized, will he be responsible for my debt?

If you are filing a chapter 7, he will not be responsible but if you live together then you will have to include his income with yours.
No, to answer your question. However, I would wait till after you file BK. Of course, I am a "belt and suspenders" kind of lawyer.
It depends on whether you filed a Chapter 13 bankruptcy and are making payments, or a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. In a Chapter 13, your payments are determined by the income of your household. Just as you would have to pay more if you get a better job in Chapter 13, if you have a spouse that contributes to the household living expenses, you have more money available to pay your creditors in a Chapter 13.
Law Office of Michael Johnson
Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
You need to file before you get married
Nothing makes a person responsible for another person's debts except signing to assume responsibility