If I get a job on the books and I have a non violent felony warrant in a state 1000 miles away, will they find out? 3 Answers as of May 07, 2014

My arrest warrant is out of New York and I live in Florida now. I'm just trying to get a job on the books and start a new life.

R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
You need to take care of the felony warrant from NY. You can be arrested at any time and anywhere. FL can hold you for 30 days to see if NY will come to get you. They will, and will take you back to NY. You should hire an attorney there to handle the criminal case.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
If a background check is done, it will probably show up.
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
No lawyer can predict whether the government will find out where you are. However, I am confident in saying that ignoring problems from your "old life" will not make them go away. You will never truly be able to start a new life until you deal with this warrant/case. It's time to stop looking over your shoulder and take care of it.