If I get a f4 visa will I get mine automatically? 2 Answers as of January 20, 2011

If I get my green card would my spouse get his automatically? How long would it take for my spouse to get his green card after getting my one?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
If you are the brother or sister of the U.S. citizen who filed the Petition in the FB-4 category then your spouse may be included if you are married prior to obtaining your permanent residency. If you are the child of the sibling beneficiary then you must be under 21 (some exceptions where you can go over 21) and UNMARRIED.

Nothing is automatic. After filing the Petition then each beneficiary must pay fees and submit various Department of State and USCIS forms and supporting documents in preparation for an interview. I strongly suggest you retain an attorney to guide you through this.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/20/2011
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
He can apply for the green card as your dependent. It won't happen automatically. You need to do a lot of paperwork. Time frame depends on each case.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 1/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: