If I find errors on my court transcripts can my case be retried? 2 Answers as of May 24, 2011

My brother was sentenced to prison and while he has been detained he has found some errors on his original court transcripts. I heard that if there are any errors on transcripts that it is cause for the case to be retried or re-reviewed, is that true? I am referring to the State of Alabama and sentencing was imposed in the year of 2009.

It depends on the errors found. Some may be of an nature such as jurisdiction, that cannot be waived. You should have an appellate lawyer review the points of error that you have found. Stay well.
I can't image any error on a trial transcript providing a proper ground for the retrial or resentencing on anyone who was convicted and sentenced. If there are errors a proper motion can be filed to correct the transcript.