If I filed for divorce but now I want to stay married, what do I do? 20 Answers as of July 27, 2015

I filed for divorce, filed the proof of summons, and now want to revoke the papers because we are going to stay married...my husband has not yet filed. His deadline to file his papers is tomorrow. What do I need to do to ensure that the divorce does not go through and that we can stay married?!

Law Office of Christine Contreras | Christine Contreras
You can withdraw your petition.
Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
Depending upon the status of the divorce action, there is a short period of time that the divorce can be discontinued, without prejudice or preconditions. There should be no problem with that if your husband agrees. It sounds like you are still in the stage want it can be discontinued; but I would need more information to be sure.
Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
Withdraw your complaint.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Withdraw the complaint check out SCAO forms online.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
You need to withdraw your documents. If you do not have a lawyer, go to the self help center at the court and they will help you.
    Law Offices of Robert Burns
    Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
    The Court won't care about his deadline. Just file a *Request for Dismissal* indicating "without prejudice".
    If you are in RI all you need to do is file a dismissal stipulation yourself, since he did not file a counter claim your stipulation is enough.
    S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
    If you want to stay married, your husband need not do anything.
    I would strongly suggest that you confer with an attorney, but at a minimum that you go to the court and seek a voluntary dismissal of the case.
    You could write the court and ask them to dismiss the case. (Identify the parties by name, and include the case number.) If your husband is willing, have him sign the paper also. The judge can then determine that the dismissal is by stipulation between the two of you. Good Luck.
    Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
    You can file the appropriate documents to voluntarily dismiss the case. I assume he hasn't filed the response yet. However, if he wants to proceed, he is free to file for a divorce after the court dismisses the case.