If I filed for a complaint for paternity, but the father never showed up, what can I do about getting an increase and back pay from the file date? 1 Answers as of March 17, 2017

I filed for a complaint for paternity on 11/22/16. I got a pre-trial date 3/2/17. My child’s father never showed up. I got a letter from the court ordering him to pay me $200 a week going back to 2/2/17 and no final trial was scheduled. I told the judge where he works and how much he makes which was $155.000 a year based on a 1099 I’ve seen several times. The child lives with me I have been out of work for since I had the baby on 11/18/16 and went back to work on 2/1/17. I was looking for back pay for the filed date and thought the payment would be more but they can’t prove his income because he was told to not show up to court.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Joan M. Canavan | Joan Canavan
If you know where he works, you could send a Keeper of Records Deposition Subpoena to his employer requesting all documentation concerning his income and benefits since the time your child was born to the present and an Affidavit fro the Keeper of Records stating that the records are a true and accurate copy of the records and that he/she is the person responsible to keep the records concerning Father?s employer. Once you have certified records, you can bring them to Court to verify Father?s income and ask that child support be calculated on the records you have obtained.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 3/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: