If I filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy how long do I have to wait after the creditors hearing before I can use a credit card? 6 Answers as of August 08, 2017

Do I have to wait until I get the discharge papers from the court.

Credit card? Your old ones are closed. You can get a secured card by making a deposit. You can use it up the amount of the deposit.
If you have a credit account that is open, Chapter 7 does not prohibit you from using it after you filed. But I can see lots of reasons why a MISTAKE on your part might create trouble with this, so be sure listed EVERY creditor, not just ones YOU decided you wanted to go bankrupt on.
You can use a credit card at any time after filing a Chapter 7. However, isn't abuse of credit cards what got you into this problem in the first place.
Are you sure that is wise?
You may use at any time after filing.
    Law Office of Kimberly Fives | Kimberly Fives
    Use a credit card? Do you mean apply for a credit card? You should have no open lines of credit if all your debt has just been discharged. You can apply anytime but credit card companies don't generally give unsecured lines of credit for at least 2 years.